Belgorod Shooter Confesses to Mass Murder in Chechnya
The trial of the suspected Belgorod shooter has started, but confessions of the shooter about Chechnya marked the judgement.
31 year old Sergey Pomazun opened fire on several people at a gun store and sidewalk, killing all six people that were hit on a street in Belgorod, Russia on April 22, 2013.
On August 6, in the first trial, Sergey Pomazun apologized to his victims and shared few details about the attack, but he also confessed to mass murders in Chechnya.
He said that from December 1999 to 2001, he served in a special battalion and that was sent to Chechnya. He stayed in Chechnya for 6 months with a cleaning task; during this period he participated in the massacre of thousands of Chechen civilians.
“In Chechnya, we killed nearly a thousand people. We crushed them with tanks and we cut off the heads of Chechen women and children in order to intimidate the local population. Now, I see these heads in my dreams,” said Pomazun.
The judge said that in his personal file, there was not any notes that he had been in the North Caucasus. “This was a secret army and a special mission,” replied Pomazun, but he refused to give more detailed answers to related questions.
*Text was written by Waynakh Online and edited by Michael Capobianco