Petition for an International Commission About the Occupation in Chechnya
An initiation group has started an online petition through the “We the People” system which is belong to the White House.
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Create international commission on occupation of Chechnya by Russia and create conditions to restore its independence. People of Chechnya deserve Freedom.
The Republic of Chechnya has passed through all legitime steps towards its statehood:
1. 1990 – the declaration of its sovereignty from the USSR;
2. 1991 – free, democratic parliamentary and presidential elections, declaration of full independence.
3. 1992 – a Constitution is adopted, declaring Chechnya a secular and democratic state.
4. 1994-1997 – first Russian aggression and its defeat; in Russian-Chechen peace treaty Chechnya is accorded the status of the Delayed Independence, due to be recognised fully by Moscow in 2002.
4. 1999 – second Russian aggression and occupation of Chechnya.
We demand an investigation of Russian violation against the Chechen independence and a possibility for Chechens to express their will in a free and democratic plebiscite.
The petition aims to reach 100 thousand signatures; if you would like to support the petition, you may follow THIS LINK.